rss
email
twitter
facebook

Friday, April 3, 2009

Contracts, Release Forms, and Trade Agreements


I won't be posting any pretty pictures today. I just want to rant a bit.

It amazes me how many photographers and models I come across that shoot with only a verbal agreement in place or in some cases, no agreement at all. No matter what type of shoot it is, who it is with, etc., I always make sure that everything is laid out in writing. For a TFCD shoot the model must sign my model release form and trade agreement. On paid assignments a contract is drafted and signed as well as a release form.

Another thing that gets me is people that sign paperwork and don't ask for a copy. I don't mind making a photo copy but I am not going to ask you if you want one. I've handled my end, it's up to you to cover yours. Don't sign a release or agreement, then call or write weeks later asking about something that was clearly explained in the agreement. Certainly don't do anything to break said agreement. I will find out and contact you. Believe me, it's never pleasant.

Ok, I'm done ranting for today. That is all.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: